We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
Hey all! We are getting close to Halloween which means we are getting close to 90% off Halloween clearance. Woo hoo! I am sharing they days the Halloweens items were marked down last year to give you an idea of when we may see these items marked down to 70% and 90% off this year. Keep in mind that clearance markdowns can vary from year to year. Candy and food aren’t marked down as low as the Halloween themed items like costumes and decor, so the lower number represents the markdown for food. Sometimes the markdown for food happens a day or two after the other Halloween clearance, but this will give you a general idea:
- 50% off (30% off food) – November 1
- 70% off (50% off food) – November 4
- 90% off (70% off food) – November 6
Here are a few things to keep in mind when shopping:
- Always scan and items or two to check the price, sometimes the signs don’t get changed to the new markdown.
- Some items may end up in their respective departments making them what we call “hidden deals”. A couple examples would be fingernail polish ending up back in beauty and orange plastic cups ending up in the section with paper plates.
- The Target Dollar Spot items are included in this clearance, so look for these Halloween dollar items to be marked down 50-90% off.
- Think about shopping ahead for next year like Jessica from The Mom Creative does, you can save yourself some big money if you have a place to store things.
- Be familiar with the section so you know what you are looking for when the clearance hits. Stephanie from Surviving as Mom put together some items to watch for.