What is Shopkick:
Shopkick is a rewards program that allows you to simply and easily earn points for shopping at some of your favorite stores. Its free and all reward collection processes are done through the app; by earning points called kicks, you can earn rewards (such as gift cards) for a variety of stores. What’s great about shopkick is that kicks can be earned without even purchasing a single thing.
Signing up for Shopkick:
When you first open the shopkick app, it will give you a wide range of rewards to choose from. Depending on what you choose, a goal will be set for the amount of “kicks” that you need to obtain this reward. Don’t feel like you will be obligated to get the reward you choose when starting out. You can change your reward at any time and have to claim the reward when you have enough kicks for it.
Kicks can be earned in a variety of ways:
- Daily kicks: Once per day you will automatically be given a whopping 1 kick when opening the shopkick app. But unless you have the determination and patience to wait over 6 years to get a Target gift card, I would suggest also using the additional methods provided for retrieving more kicks in a much speedier fashion.
- Walk-ins: By opening the app in shopkick-affiliated stores, such as Target, you are rewarded a set of kicks (usually 35). You can only do this once a day for each type of store. For example, you could walk into Target and get your walk-in kicks, and then head on over to Macy’s and get you walk-in kicks for that store. Another great thing is that in many malls, walk-ins can be received just by walking in front of some of the smaller stores, you technically don’t even have to “walk-in”. This is great because there is nothing more awkward than being a guy and walking a couple feet into a store like aerie, looking around you like you’re lost while you wait for your app to give you some kicks, and then walk out a couple seconds later like “oh, i must have walked into the wrong store”.
- Look-books: You can press on a store’s page which will then open up a list of look-books for you to choose from. These will contain pages of products and deals which you just have to swipe through and look at to unlock extra kicks at your next walk-in. So while normally you would earn 35 kicks while walking in, you could earn 50 to 100 kicks instead. Note: If you see something that you like in the look-books, you can save it to your favorites to make it easier to find at a later date.
- Scans: Some stores will offer kicks for scanning products in the store. When you walk in the store, you can look for the items listed in the Scans page and scan their barcode using your devices camera. You will be rewarded the amount of kicks that are listed with the product. This is one of the best ways to earn kicks.
- Linking a credit or debit card: Shopkick allows you to connect your shopkick account with your credit or debit card. When you spend money in certain stores, you will get kicks depending on how much you spent.
- Referral: You can earn more kicks by referring friends.
Redeeming Kicks for Gift Cards and Prizes:
Once you have enough “kicks” you click on the present icon at the top right hand corner of the app. Choose the gift card or reward you want and click the “I want this” button. You will be able to find your gift card by clicking the person icon at the top left hand corner of the app and then click on the right hand side where it says “activity on Shopkick”, you will then see your gift card in the Rewards section. To redeem the gift card click on the gift card and have the cashier scan it. You will need to let them know you are redeeming a gift card and not a coupon because they are processed differently.
Saving Money at Target with Shopkick:
The Shopkick app also contains Target coupons. To find the coupons you need to look for the “Big Deal Book”. Swipe through the book to see all of the coupons. Once you see a coupon you want to use just click on the blue circle that says “Use This Deal”. Make sure you are at Target and ready to use the coupon because the offer will expire 12 hours after tapping “Use This Deal.”
In conclusion, Shopkick is a great rewards program and I highly recommend it. Get signed up with Shopkick today so you can earn FREE gift cards and save money at Target and other great stores. Have a wonderful day and happy Shopkicking!