I picked up several Comp Books when the schools supplies were marked down to 70% off. I teach a group of young women at church and last Sunday the lesson was about being grateful. I knew these comp books would be great to use for Gratitude Journals. These Comp Books were only $.05, so I was able to make these for super cheap.
I used some FREE printables that I found at Courtney Aitken’s blog All Things Bright and Beautiful. You must check out her blog! She does amazing work and she is so kind to offer so many freebies. Most of her freebies are LDS themed, but she also does custom designs, so if you are in need of something check out the All Things Bright & Beautiful Etsy Store. I seriously LOVE her style!! OK, enough gushing…on with the journals.
I used the following supplies to make the journals:
- Comp Books
- FREE Gratitude Journal printable from All Things Bright and Beautiful
- 12×12 Scrapbook Paper
- Decorative Strip of paper
- Flower Button
- Adhesive (I use the Ek Success Vario Tab Dispenser (Permanent) to attach the paper and Glue Dots for the embellishments)
Putting the journals together was super simple.
- I cut the scrapbook paper to fit on the front and back of the comp book and adhered them to the comp book(I used scissors to round the corners of the paper so they match the corners on the comp book)
- I cut out the Gratitude Journal printable, leaving extra space at the bottom so I could add some embellishments.
- I added a decorative strip of paper to the printable and attached to the cover of the comp book.
- Lastly, I attached a flower and button with glue dots to give it some dimension.
Here is a look at all the different colors I made. I love that they are so bright and cheery!